Saturday, September 19, 2009

A trip down memory lane

I had a good opportunity of meeting my beloved principal Ms Hemalatha pradhan after a long gap of seven years.After leaving my school i never got an opportunity to meet her.I also had a feeling og meeting her only if i had achieved something worthwhile  in my life.A senior of mine convinced that it would be nice to visit our teacher and thank them for what they had given to us.I went to her home with an expectation  that she would forgive me for not visiting so long....

She was the person who influenced me a lot into reading books,participating in extra curricular activities and gave me a childhood which was fun and frolic.

It was an emotional trip both for meand my senior soumya.My princpal was so happy on seeing us both that we had very lengthy conversations on our schooling days and how her discipline and teaching helped us to achieve what we are right now.She took the opportunity and suggested that we can have a get together of sorts-bringing all my friends,seniors and juniors for a day and share their wonderful experiences they had with the school.I am planning to pen a book about my wonderful time at Tiny tots and ask my friends to do the same in the future very soon.This would be my guru dakshina to my school and my Headmistress.

2 comments:

  1. Vijay,

    Often we have one perspective while in school and then that gets revised once we make our own way in the world. Just like returning home as an adult, it is an interesting experience to revisit your teachers from along the way.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    Its like going back to good old school days for me.Whenever i go for my vocabulary classes now -- feel like listening to her english lessons


    Vijay

    ReplyDelete